When Choosing A Campground
By Marcella S Meeks
Choosing a campground can be frustrating for some of us because we all want different things and have different expectations although we all have one thing in common: camping. Some of us have pop-up campers, travel trailers (RV’s), and motor homes while others camp the traditional way (tents). But we all have different expectations when it comes to choosing the right campground.
I talked with several people who love to camp and asked them what were the top 3 things that were most important to them when choosing a campground, and this is the response from nine different campers.
1. Dog friendly, Price, Full hook-ups
2. Cheap, clean and not to close to neighbors
3. No kid area, pull through, fire pit
4. Large area between RV’s, read reviews…, level sites, WiFi
5. Kids playground, beach front, spacious campsites
6. Friendly and happy campers! Pool in the summer, a good kayak or boat launch within the park
7. Nice views, shady, quiet zone
8. Picnic tables, grill, bait store/marina near by
9. Clean, pebbled tent pads, garbage bins near by, bathrooms/showers near sites
These are important things to consider when you make your selection. Make a list of what is important to you and don’t be shy to ask before you book so you’ll know exactly what you are getting. Request a website and read reviews, if available.
A satisfied camper is a happy camper!